We are frequently asked whether or not we accept small dogs and cats at our B & B. We’ve really struggled with this, as our spaces are very pristine, and it is important to us that they stay so. We understand the needs of those who suffer from allergies, as we do, ourselves.
That said, we also understand that pets are family, and that often, family members holiday together. Bearing in mind that we have 2 very social senior pussycats on duty at all times in the garden, we have taken our cue from the policies of the best hotels, and this is now our written policy:
We will accept small dogs (20 pounds and under), into our ‘Ocean Dreams’ suite only, under the following circumstances:
• no animals allowed on furniture ever, including not on beds
• no animals left unattended in suites. An immediate $200 levy will be charged if this rule is breached. This means that animals will accompany owners to breakfast, and must be heeled (leashed) or kenneled.
• we will accept a $150 fully refundable damage deposit at the time of booking
• Doggie sitting may be arranged with management for those wishing to go out for dinner. 2 hour maximum at a fee of $30.
• There will be a charge of $45 for cleaning at the time of departure
We truly hope that this answers questions, and that it provides a fair and safe way for our guests to travel with qualifying pets.